Cyclone: The Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP cyclone-mc.tk

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Example Application - CURRENTLY CLOSED

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheFitSoldier

TheFitSoldier

Example Application - CURRENTLY CLOSED Empty
PostSubject: Example Application - CURRENTLY CLOSED   Example Application - CURRENTLY CLOSED EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:26 pm

NOTE: Your application does not have to be as high profile as the one shown here. The following application used here is of extreme quality that we don't expect everyone to use. You're only required to use the basic format shown here.

TheFitSoldier's Example Moderator Application

What is your Minecraft username?
TheFitSoldier

What is your age?
I'm of 16 years of age.

In which country do you reside?
I live in the United States of America.

What time range are you frequently logged in? What is your timezone?
The time range that I frequently log in is around 3:30PM - 5:30PM. These times are suitable for my schedule, and are also "peak" times for the server, as there are many people on around that specified time range. I reside in a state with the (US) Central [CST] Timezone (GMT-6).

Which is your favorite part(s) of Cyclone (content)?
The most appealing attraction within Cyclone to me is "Anarchy Survival". I also spend time in the Survival Games world. If I were to be chosen as Moderator, I believe that any of the Survival worlds would be a suitable option for me to moderate the most.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position (Please cite)?  Please describe your positions and provide some information about yourself.
Background information: I am a diligent worker who is all-around good in the aspects of handling a server. My building abilities are tuned because of the many servers I have owned/administrated. My managing capabilities with programs/applications such as Multicraft, Filezilla (FTP), and now CentOS help me analyze problems that the owner may have. And lastly, I know much about Bukkit plugins, as I soon step into coding for the first time. Common plugins are those that most people are already experts in, as a position such as this requires some knowledge on them. I know smaller plugins on the BukkitDEV as well as those that are very commonly used. I am also exceptionally well in managing the server space wise. I manage my own Network with absolutely the bare bones; I don't use WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Essentials, and many of the plugins that are normally thought of as mandatory to the community (however I know them in and out). Please view the information below.

1. HungerCrafters

Yes, I have had many authoritative positions amongst the realm of Minecraft servers. I began this area of Minecraft when I joined the server "HungerCrafters". This server, when I had first connected to it, was not truly refined with what I believed fitting. However, standing at the default rank proved to not help me much at all. I played on the server for merely a few weeks until the owner recognized my diligence in aiding other players. I quickly moved onto the Advertiser rank next, where I brought about 40 players every week with some quick thinking of SEO on server lists such as PlanetMinecraft. I moved onto Builder then, and after that Helper. I proved to effortlessly learn about the standard plugins on the Bukkit Development website. As I progressed my knowledge and posed possible solutions to our problems via Skype to the owner, he found me very resourceful and quick learning. I moved onto Admin, Head-Admin, Co-Owner, and lastly Owner. This server does not exist anymore.

2. EnderGames

This server was a smaller project than HungerCrafters was, however it began to be an all around "world-hub" server. Managing this server was very easy, and the server was run by a friend of the HungerCrafters owner. He came to like my expertise in plugins and building, so I was given "Head-Admin" right away on the server. After much work on the game section of the server, I was promoted to the "Owner" rank. This server did not last much longer after this, as communication between the owner and players proved fruitless.

3. ZunaMinecraft

ZunaMC, as it was constantly dubbed, was a server intended to be as large as HungerCrafters. The owner of this server also knew the HungerCrafters owner very well, and I actually was the Owner of this right away. While I did not do much on this server, I helped with some smaller tasks helping the owner with plugins and storage optimization. The server was shutdown due to lack of interest.

4. DeltaWars Network

The DeltaWars Network is an upcoming, high quality Minecraft Server "Enhanced Gaming" Network. I am the owner of this network. The DeltaWars Network provides optimized gaming to players who are willing to receive thrill from fast-paced games. All of the games on this network are custom coded/developed, and there are professionally set up forums, donator shop(s), and servers dedicated to each game for the sole purpose of no lag.

How much time do you spend on Cyclone on a daily basis?
I am currently spending about 1 hour each day on weekdays, however weekends I am going to 3-4 hours.

When did you first join Cyclone?
I first joined Cyclone a little bit later after initial launch.

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience?
I have building and plugin experience. I usually do builds for payment if I'm not busy, and I am constantly drilled with plugin work on my network, and my past servers.

How tuned is your knowledge with plugins and the Bukkit project?
I can install, configure, fix, and somewhat edit the code of most plugins. I am starting to code soon, so that will help me out much more in the long run.

How can you contact us? Note: You must have Skype!
I have Skype availible at this time. If needed, I can attempt to use TeamSpeak or Mumble.

Thank you for reading my application!
Back to top Go down

Example Application - CURRENTLY CLOSED
Page 1 of 1